Sculpting Expression and Fantasy Characters
with John Brown
Head Fundamentals & Theory
Sculpting Expression and Fantasy Characters covers a multitude of advanced sculpting techniques. Chapter one covers sculpting the quarter scale male bust. You'll learn advanced theories that will positively shape and influence your concepts and designs. Chapter two covers new molding and casting techniques designed to save time and energy. You'll learn how to mold and cast individual clay copies of the original model, allowing for visual continuity when you sculpt a new expression. Chapters three and four cover sculpting the "Happy" and "Angry" states of expression, implementing the rules learned in chapter one. Finally we'll take a clay cast of the original model and turn it into a fantasy character and learn how to paint it in Adobe Photoshop®.
Duration: 275 minutes
Format: SD 854x480
- 01. Head Fundamentals & Theory
- 02. Molding & Clay Casting
- 03. Sculpting the "Smile"
- 04. Sculpting "Angry"
- 05. Sculpting the Fantasy Character
- 06. Sculpting the Lenny Character
- 07. Sculpting the George Character
- 08. Getting Started
- 09. Base Tones
- 10. Sampling the Eyes
- 11. Sampling Skin Tones
- 12. Blending
- 13. Adding Highlights
- 14. Blending Horns with the Skin
- 15. Adding Spot Details
- 16. Dry Skin Technique
- 17. Adding the Background
- 18. Adding Background Elements